Operate Breathing Apparatus
The Operate Breathing Apparatus course focuses on providing participants with the skills and knowledge required to safely use open circuit compressed air breathing apparatus. This course can be combined with the Confined Space Entry course MSMPER205 (previously MSAPMPER205C).
Staff required to use breathing apparatus to safely carry out work.
Half Day 8:30am to 1:00pm.
Written theory assessment includes multiple choice and short answer questions. Practical assessment requires correct demonstration of donning, use and shutdown procedures.
Please contact us on 1300 797 312 for our latest pricing on this course.
This can be completed at your premises or Safety Systems, Bendigo Training Centre, 72 Powells Avenue, Bendigo VIC 3550 Phone: 1300 797 312
Operate breathing apparatus
The course content contains but is not limited to the following components.
- Conduct pre-donning checks and tests on breathing apparatus
- Inspect breathing apparatus for immediate use in accordance with procedures
- Operate breathing apparatus
- Identify, monitor and control hazards in accordance with the procedures
- Demonstrate effective application of breathing apparatus, undertaking activities as a member of a team
- Close down breathing apparatus set in accordance with procedures
- Remove breathing apparatus set in accordance with procedures
- Undertake after-use cleaning and maintenance if breathing apparatus in accordance with procedures
- Make equipment ready for operational use in accordance with procedures
Contact us on 1300 797 312 to discuss your specific training needs.
I most liked the open talking & communication. Really enjoyed this course.
Easy to understand, flexible and has great knowledge
The instructor provided real life experiences which made the training easy to relate to.
I enjoyed the practical skills involved.