The Asbestos Awareness course provides participants with knowledge to assist in addressing asbestos issues in the workplace.
It is difficult to know if a material contains asbestos just by looking at it. Our asbestos awareness training is essential for any person, working in an environment where asbestos containing materials may be present. Our course is delivered face to face, by our experienced asbestos assessors. Our clients include builders, government, councils, water, gas and power utilities.
This training is recommended for:
- Building and construction workers.
- Council maintenance staff and contractors.
- Recycling and landfill workers.
- Water industry workers disturbing buried pipes and rubbish.
- Real Estate property managers and maintenance contractors.
- Emergency service workers.
- Workers who enter ceiling spaces for services such as air-conditioning, solar panels and insulation.
- Electricians, plumbers, carpenters, demolition workers, carpet and floor layers.
Half Day 8:30am to 1:00pm, or can be customised for your workplace.
Participants will be issued a Certificate of Completion by Safety Systems Pty Ltd (RTO 21604). This provides evidence of training as required by section (21(2)(e) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004. This is a non-accredited training course provided by industry experts. Refresher training is recommended every 3 years.
Please contact us on 1300 797 312 for our latest pricing on this course.
This can be completed at your premises or Safety Systems, Bendigo Training Centre, 72 Powells Avenue, Bendigo VIC 3550 Phone: 1300 797 312
Non Accredited Asbestos Awareness
The course content contains but is not limited to the following components.
- Definitions and likely sources of asbestos.
- Identifying materials likely to contain asbestos.
- Asbestos health effects after exposures.
- Asbestos legislation.
- Using asbestos registers.
- Emergency response such as vandalism and dumping.
- Safety requirements when working with asbestos.
Contact us on 1300 797 312 to discuss your specific training needs.
I most liked the open talking & communication. Really enjoyed this course.
Easy to understand, flexible and has great knowledge
The instructor provided real life experiences which made the training easy to relate to.
I enjoyed the practical skills involved.