This Traffic Controller course focuses on the setup of traffic management signs and devices, and the responsibilities of safely controlling traffic using a Stop/Slow Bat to ensure the safety of site workers and the general public. This will enable the participant to setup signs and devices according to Traffic Management plans and direct traffic using a Stop/Slow bat.
Workers in operational roles, at work sites within the civil construction and road works areas. Suitable for personnel involved in the implementation of any traffic management system at a work site, on or adjacent a trafficked road such as a front line manager, work supervisor or road workers.
One Full Day 8:30am to 4:30pm.
The Traffic Controller assessment includes written theory with multiple choice and short answer questions. Practical assessment requires correct setting up of a range of traffic control devices and use of a stop/slow bat.
Safety Systems Pty Ltd recommends retraining every 3 years.
$250.00 Per Person
Safety Systems, Bendigo Training Centre, 72 Powells Avenue, Bendigo VIC 3550 Phone: 1300 797 312
Control traffic with stop/slow bat
Implement traffic management plan
The course content contains but is not limited to the following components.
- Legislation, site requirements and procedures
- Site and equipment safety requirements
- Traffic controlling
- Implementing traffic management plans
- Traffic control signage and barricades
- Radio operations
- Equipment types, characteristics, technical capabilities and limitations
- Operational and maintenance procedures for equipment
- Site isolation and traffic control responsibilities and authorities
- Affects of travel speed and vehicle mass on stopping distances
- Safe work method statement, SWMS
I most liked the open talking & communication. Really enjoyed this course.
Easy to understand, flexible and has great knowledge
The instructor provided real life experiences which made the training easy to relate to.
I enjoyed the practical skills involved.